Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Looking for starter relay, 1999 eclipse, I looked under

Customer Question

looking for starter relay
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mitsubishi. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: 1999 eclipse, I looked under stereo and the one in diagram looks different then mine
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My car has a standard transmission
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the starter works if I jump it but the small wire on the starter is getting no voltage when I turn key
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

1. Ground the Black/Yellow wire at the Transmission Range Sensor (TRS) connector. If it cranks now, the TRS is bad.

2. If it still does not crank with the Black/Yellow wire grounded, check for an open wire. If the wire is OK, the starter relay is bad.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
in the 2nd picture where is that on the car?

It is where K is