Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I am trying to separate the housing from a manual

Customer Question
I am trying to separate...
I am trying to separate the bell housing from a manual transmission and it really moves hard only about 1/4 in so far
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: I have removed the transmission and bell housing to replace clutch and slave cylinder, as small bolt dropped in the bell housing and I am trying to separate the bell housing from the transmission
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2002 lancer oz edittion
JA: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pearl the transmission is out of the vehicle. I am having difficulty separating the bell housing from the transmission. do you have any advice on that issue?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
7/23/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I will help.

You need to pull the lever off the shafts the slave cylinder rotates to allow the fingers of the shafts to come out of the throwout bearing.

Do you need a video of the clutch procedure? This is a pull type clutch so the procedure is a little different from a standard push type clutch

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Sorry I am having a little trouble getting the rating to show for you

Let me know if you don't see it.

Thanks

I already removed the slave cylinder, in the bell housing is that what you are talking about? Or something else.

Sorry I am unable to speak on the phone.

You need to pull the lever that the slave moves off the shaft so the shaft can rotate. I am on my way home, I will find a video for you in about 1/2 hour

Sorry I don't have a procedure or video to show you what I am saying so I will OPT OUT and maybe someone else will have it for you.

I have the transmission and bell housing out. I have removed the bolts holding bell housing to transmission. I have removed slave cylinder that has imbeded throwout bearing. Bell housing will not separate from transmission. Do you know if anthing elese has to be removed. I did not miss any bolts the bell housing moves about 1/8 inch no more.
Mitsubishi Mechanic: SuperDave, auto technician replied 4 months ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, auto technician
Phone call session started
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlsb9wcr73ily0r/0723-lancer-DISASSEMBLY%20AND%20REASSEMBLY.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/jlsb9wcr73ily0r/0723-lancer-DISASSEMBLY%20AND%20REASSEMBLY.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic