Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Someone adjusted my biss screw on my 3.o montero sport and

Customer Question

someone adjusted my biss screw on my 3.o montero sport and now having issues getting the throttle body set back to spec, i need the factory service info for how to reset the base idle setting for my specific engine with cruise control and traction control?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

let me know if this helps

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no it doesnt i need to know how to manualy reset the BISS screw in conjunction with the tps and icv because i dont have a scanner

With out the scanner you will have to use a tachometer, do you have one of those?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
na but the car does, is there any fsm on how to set the throttle body to original specs

Ive been looking at my manuals for a while and what I sent is the only instruction they give, and thats dealer instructions, usually no one messes with that screw so you will have to do your best on what feels right, there may be paint left on it from where it originally was