Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a pretty bad leak on a Mitsubishi montero sport es

Customer Question
2002. Just had cam seals...
I have a pretty bad leak on a Mitsubishi montero sport es 2002. Just had cam seals replaced and checked again
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: What?
JA: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Leak is coming front front part of engine and had a mechanic look at it but was because my timing belt jumped and needEd to be repositioned. 2 months ago I had front cams seals, timing belt and water pump replaced.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The leak doesn't happen until after I've been running it and then stop and turn engine off. Mechanic said it doesn't leak just sitting there, and leaks a little during running. But kind gushes after car is turned off
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Mechanic said the cam seals are good so it's hard to see where leak is actually coming from. Any ideas as to where and why a leak like this is happening?
7/13/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

If you prefer to text, my number is(###) ###-#### And as far as knowledge and skills, I can do basic repairs. But as far repairs on the engine block it's self I usually leave that to the pros

I am only able to talk online here, so what fluid is leaking ?

Oil

can you take some pictures of the suspected leak location

Yea, it's going to be hard to see though. Give me a few minutes though.

that could be valve cover, oil pressure switch, oil pan, a bunch of possibilities

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician