Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I cleared my car codes using torqe on google play and konwei

Customer Question
plug in and now my...
i cleared my car codes using torqe on google play and konwei plug in and now my car just wont start like it fried my battery or something out of no where
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: yeah
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2006 mitsubishi eclipse gt
JA: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and i just disconnected the battery about it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when i was driving using the obd for stats on my car all of a sudden everything quit working electronically like the speedometer tach .. then when i turned the car off its like its just dead all together
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/11/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately what I have seen happen is some scan tools or code readers will actually send a surge and cause damage to control units/computers in the vehicle and causes the fault you see here now.I have seen this occur a few times before as well as had it occur to me.It is usually the body or engine computer that becomes damaged.

What needs to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicles data port to read all computers to see which computer is not communicating and if any codes are set in other computers in the vehicle for the faulty computer.The computer that the codes point to or that is not communicating usually has to be replaced.Double check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician