Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Sorry for the delay. So is there any way I can figure out

Customer Question

Sorry for the delay. So is there any way I can figure out the code myself. Is there any device or tool I have to buy to do this?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Salil,

What is it your trying to do?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry my question was with regards ***** ***** question http://www.justanswer.com/mitsubishi/aa9cx-mitsubishi-eclipse-spyder-2008-opened-car.html . Unfortunately the previous question was closed and I couldn't add more responses to it.
Expert:  Doug replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I was the one helping you on the other ticket. I'm sorry there seems to be some problem with it but we can continue here.
With regard to getting the topstack codes... the only way to get these is to use a scan tool with Mitsubishi Topstack module access (a generic code reader or the scan tools they have at auto parts stores and tire shops will not help you here). It has to be a full function scan tool updated at least through 2008-2009 to have topstack code reading functionality. Of course a dealer scan tool can do this, but as well most independent shops will have third party scan tools from Snap On or similar providers that can handle this code pull, again provided they are updated through 2008-2009.
If you wanted to purchase something yourself to do this, the least expensive I can think of would likely be something from Autel (very poor quality scan tools, but they have bootleg access to modules like this). These will still have you spending several hundred dollars though for something that should only cost $45 or so for most shops to read at most. Much better than the $5-10k for the professional tools, but understandably too much money if you don't have any other use for it after this one instance. I am not aware of any scan tools in the (Example) $100-200 etc range that can handle this though.