Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I got right bank and center sprocket lined up but left bank

Customer Question

I got right bank and center sprocket lined up but left bank is not lining up, how can I fix this
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2001 gtz v6
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Round 250 miles per tank and at times it will not start in park nor neutral but at times it will start in nuetral
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried everything already turn crankshafts​set the vehicle n nuetral clockwise
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You will need to use a special holding tool to keep the sprocket in place. This tool can be rented or purchased from an auto part store. Here I am supplying the replacement information for the timing components. On the first page you will see a list of required tools for this job. Let me see if I can get some information for you on this. One moment, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Save on OTC Tools 522889 at USA Tool Warehouse Automotive Tools this is a link for the tool you will need.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

This tool is the MB990767 end yoke/cam holding tool. This tool is your best option for keeping the pulley aligned.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Vehicle will start run a little bit then I give it gas it dies
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried re timing the vehicle yet?