Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

07 mitsubishi outlander wiper stop working but washer still…

Customer Question
07 mitsubishi outlander wiper stop...
07 mitsubishi outlander wiper stop working but washer still works
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/22/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can prevent the wiper motor from working and it will require some electrical testing to determine what is going on. The problem could be the switch, the ETACS module, wiring, a blown fuse, or the wiper motor itself. The motor would be the most likely cause.

In the absence of a scan tool to check the switch input to the ETACS module, the first thing that should be done is check fuses. If ok then the next step would be to use an incandescent test light to check for power and ground at the wiper motor when turned on. If there is power and ground present but the motor doesn't run it will need to be replaced.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, wiper still doesn't work. I have check the fuses there are good, change two wiper motors, check for power at wiper motor getting one constant power and the rest ground. After scanning I got AC,SRS,Meter and ETACS failure all heve the same code UO184. Now this all started when owner try using the wiper before cleaning snow from windshield.

What wires have power and ground at the motor and how was testing done?

Do you have an incandescent test light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I dont have incandescent test light.

Is it a blue wire that has power with the key on and wipers turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morning I taught you were gone, anyway it is the yellow wire that has power with the key on.

Can you come up with an incandescent test light for accurate testing?