Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have an '06 Mitsubishi, had a friend replace the O2

Customer Question
sensor, and the check engine...
I have an '06 Mitsubishi, had a friend replace the O2 sensor, and the check engine light is still on after 2 weeks....
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stay on.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mitsubishi?
Customer: Outlander
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I actually had a friend replace the O2 sensor after using a OBDII diagnostic tool, not it is reading not ready, so the check engine light remains on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also an Evap not ready from the diagnostic, but I believe that is from the O2 not ready.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 10 months ago
Ivan Alvarez

Did you clear the light with the diag. tool after the repair?

It has been a while now, but very cold outside
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 10 months ago

Did the light return right away? What is the code you are getting?

The check engine light cleared. Now o2 is "not ready". Been two weeks since the light cleared
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 10 months ago

So its the monitors that are not setting correct?

Correct
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 10 months ago

I'm going to look up some drive cycles and will get back to you shortly.

You rule. Thank you!
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 10 months ago

Your welcome let me know if that works out.

I will.
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 10 months ago
Any luck?
Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez