Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

My car shuts off at stoplights and when I let go of the gas.

Customer Question
JA: Has the vehicle turned...
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No not really. And after it shuts off while driving it usually takes a while to start again. Usually only starts if I haven't turned it on in a while. We've changed out most of the sensors and the alternator. The fuel pump is fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
JA: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have changed all the sensors that show up, rewired faulty wires, changed the alternator and battery. Cleaned the air filtered. We just bought the crank positioning sensor hoping thats the cause.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/26/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

You said the fuel pump is fine, what pressure do you have.

Is the spark at the plugs strong and blue when this happens?

Very important that we have these 2 items confirmed.

Thanks, Ron

we put new spark plugs and the same problem was happening.

Please address all the items I asked you about so we don't waste each others time.

What is the fuel pressure reading you got from your gauge \?

Is the spark to the plugs strong?

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep
this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

they're strong and i don't know what the fuel pressure reading is

We NEED the fuel pressure reading, the problem can be a bad fuel pump. We don't want to guess at this, it gets very expensive that way.

You can borrow a gauge from your local parts store for just a deposit and they will tell you how to use it.

Thanks again, please rate me 5 stars now and let me know if you need more help later on.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Our goal here is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. We may not always
have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but our job is to get you on
the right track, which we always do. We can’t hear, see, smell or
touch your vehicle from where we’re at, so your understanding of
that is greatly appreciated. There are no magical or miraculous
answers, but we do our best to guide you in the right direction.
Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor