Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a 2007 Outlander and cannot find DTC port to hook up

my scan tool. Been a...
I have a 2007 Outlander and cannot find DTC port to hook up my scan tool. Been a mechanic 26 years and a dealer told me previous owner may have cut it out to try to turn off service engine soon light.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I have professional scan tool that does OBS II, SRS, and ABS.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mitsubishi Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to find the OBD II connector!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I can find the connector, I should be good. A Mitsubishi dealer told me previous owner may have cut it out.
11/26/2016
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. Please see the attachment. If you can not find the data link connector in the specified place, then it has been removed.

DATA LINK CONNECTOR

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me go down n take another look, but I was all over that thing and DTC plug could not be found. SES light is on and it is Melissa's car and she cant remember when it came on. Women! Is it under plastic panel below steering wheel? She is afraid to drive it, but it runs fine.

It should not be hidden under any panels or anything. You will have to look down under the dash to see it, but it should be visible and exposed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found DTC and had no problems pulling up codes. I got an 078E8 and and an 07E9. Now time for internet research since I don't have shop manuals on this. Gosh did they hide that connector! They only want dealer to find it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had to pull down plastic panel and everything. I think these codes will be related to coolant loss she had two weeks ago in an accident. She is afraid to drive it to I tell her it is safe. I will force SES light off and take her for ride. Women! Thanks 4 ur help.

Great! Glad you were able to find it. Unfortunately, I don't have any information on either of those codes either. I just checked. You could post a new question, and if one of the other techs has information on them, they could advise you as to how to go about resolving them.

Your very welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can find them easy on the internet. Her Outlander SUV has more power than a Trans Am I test drove. That thing will spin out if u push it too hard!

I know what you mean. My first car was a 79 trans am, and i test drive normal every day cars all the time that would make my old TA look like it was in reverse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Excellent service! Looks DTCs point to stereo system. I had no idea it even monitored that.

that's very interesting. Hopefully you'll be able to get it resolved inexpensively. Please remember to rate my service, hopefully 5 stars, or the big smile face :) and if you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to come back. We will do all we can to help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for ur help! I found DTC connector hidden well up under the dash. Codes point to radiator coolant temperature sensor. To make a simple matter complex, this Outlander has California emmisions and uses a water temperature sensor as the primary and radiator air temperature sensor mounted in the cooling fins. She was involved in a minor front end accident and dealer put in a standard radiator, pryed the temperature sensor off the old radiator, broke it, and attempted to remount it on new one. The sensor comes as part of California Emmisions radiator and not intended to be removed. These radiators for CA emmisions are hard to get and dealer tells me February at earliest.

I agree, the California emissions cars can really be a pain to deal with and get parts for. Possibly try calling some auto parts stores located in California. If lucky, one of them will have it on hand and willing to ship it to you.

AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I rate AZTechBrian with 5 stars! After much research on Melissa's 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, the main OBD II code pointed to the radiator temperature sensor. This is an air temperature sensor and used as a backup. Her Outlander has California emmisions and not too common in PA. It is a PZEV (partial zero emmisions vehicle) and mechanics here don't really understand and I had to diagnose it and determined the incorrect radiator was installed after minor front end collision. They pried off old sensor which is integral to California emissions radiator, broke it n gave it back with check engine light on. It is a hard fault and light comes back on even after I force reset with OBD II scan tool. I have been a mechanic many years, but it is pretty sad when I have to tell dealership mechanic what to do.
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician