Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models. Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

2003 mitsubishi galant has no fire or fuel

Customer Question

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Please give me a moment to type my response. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

You have it listed as an 08 and an 03 which is it please?
Also, if it's the 08, which engine does it have in it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2003
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

No need to request a phone call, but please give me a moment to type my response.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Is it the 2.4 or 6 cylinder engine please?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Also, did you have any power at the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2.4
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** just a couple minutes to type out a response.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

First, if you have power to the fuel pump, even briefly then it would indicate the computer is ok. I would check the timing belt to start with and also check for any codes. If you have a stored code in the computer for the cam sensor, the computer will turn off the fuel and spark, so even though you have power to the fuel pump, you won't have fuel injector pulse or any spark. The computer won't let it happen if the car is out of time. This could be a jumped timing belt or a broken belt.

One test you might be able to do to check the belt is to crank the engine with the oil fill cap off. Have a helper watch the camshafts and make sure they are turning. If they are and you don't have spark or fuel the next step would have to be pulling the timing cover and checking that all the timing marks line up.

Like I said, a jumped belt would prevent it from running, you should also have a P0340 cam sensor code stored in the computer as well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Chanhe'd crank shafts sensor, checked time and replaced computer. Also no codes
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Standby, I want to do a little research

Have you changed the timing belt?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Is the PCM powering up with this key?

Does the car have any aftermarket security system on it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pcm?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No after marlet security system
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, the powertrain control module, could also be called the ECM?

If it's not powering up you won't have spark or fuel or codes for that matter.

Does the anti theft light on the dash go out with the key in the ignition?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will need to check
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Ok

Also, I am showing the car has an ignition fail sensor. This will kill spark and pulse. I am not showing a location for said sensor though. Since you have power to the fuel pump, move a bit and make sure you have power to the ignition coil and to the fuel injectors. If you do, then I would consider the IFS as a possible problem. Especially if the security light is going out. I am getting mixed results in my searching in the manual to whether this vehicle has an immobilizer or not. There should be an antenna around the ignition switch if it does have it.

Immobilizer will kill spark and pulse.