Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

My car isnt starting, yup. ive cleaned the terminals, tried

Customer Question
my car isnt starting JA: Have...
my car isnt starting
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yup. ive cleaned the terminals, tried jumping it. the battery is fine. i pulled the starter off and had it tested at an auto parts store and it failed the test so i replaced it and the car still wont start. all i get when i turn the key is a soft buzzing sound.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 03 lancer es
JA: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah im trying to fix it myself. i've replaced the starter so far but that didnt help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, thats about all the info i have at the moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/19/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer I value your input to my questions so I can help you better. Can you locate where that buzzing sound is coming from?have someone turn the key so you can locate it. Have you checked all connections power and ground to the starter and from the battery ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I couldn't pinpoint the location of the buzzing. I haven't been able to recheck my connections on the starter either. My friend was the one who installed the new starter on the car. The noise I am hearing though is the same noise that was heard with the old starter in place
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician