Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I had a problem with AC and fixed it but in order to have

Customer Question

i had a problem with AC and fixed it but in order to have room i took out the drivers seat.. replugged the SRS two connections. then the SRS light on dash came on. unplugged battery.. no fix.. i got a unit to reset codes.. no fix.. there is nothing wrong with my SRS just need the mechanic shop to reset with there real expensive computer.. mine is a buy at the auto zone fix.. no worky got any suggestions
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: nope i may of blown a fuse? wow..
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 04 galant
JA: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: like i said i did the AC prob.. a stopped up drain pipe. and pulled the driver seat. i didnt know i should of disconnected battery.. yikes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well . one thing! is this free?
JA: The Mitsubishi mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: like 15$
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi In David, unless you bent the pins inside the connector for the air bag then theres no reason you cant reset the light with a scan tool capable of getting into the srs system.

checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I may of bent the tabs
I'll check later
My scanner does not have the ability to reset it

ok, let me know please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
David i will check the pins today.. oh btw i choose not to call its 28bucks to do that. sorry .. have a good day. it prolly is a pin that is bent. such a difficult place to plug and play with that freekin anchor to the metal. i know the anchor was a design to keep the wires from tangling in the mechanism while moving the seat back and forth.. c ya.tks..

ok. and by the way, i didnt offer the call. the site does that automatically and it is upsetting that I should be the one that offers if I feel a call is necessary, not the site. sorry

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hey guy they need to tell us when we see the initial .. that the fee is 5 bucks and whatever professional is extra.. its the honest thing to do.. have a great day.

you too. and i agree. but im only here to answer questions.