david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I have a right hand drive mitsubishi lancer vin

Customer Question

Hi, i have a right hand drive mitsubishi lancer vin #jmysrcy2a8u008203.i got a fault code p2100.when i erase the code the vehicle runs well for a while and all of a sudden it would develop a mist and the the engine light comes on.sometimes if i turn off the ignition and start the vehicle the mist would dissappear but the engine check light would still be on.Ive changed the throttlebody,the wire harness for the throttle body,the map sensor and the accelarator pedal,But the problem still exist.Can you help?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

what year is the car?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2008 year of manufacture.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi David,the tenth charactor in a 17 charactor vin number is ***** year of manufacture.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

yeah i know this, just makes it easier when you are prompt with the year.

it developed a mist?

take it in for the tsb. they will replace the throttle body and repair any affected circuits

sorry for the small pic...heres a bigger one

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi David,can i call you tomorrow?if yes please provide the time and a number.
thanks Hilron.

you would need to request a phone call through the site.... ill leave this open so you can do that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

please take the vehicle to the deler to have the tsb complied with

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi David,I am making an appointment with the dealer right now.they can only see my car next week.I will get back to you,hopefully by Wednesday next week.Can I put in a used throttle body after they reprogram the pm?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pcm?

i believe part of the tsb is to replace the throttlebody after the tsb. but i would NEVER put a used one on..

please accept the answer and leave a positive rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. its the only way I get credit for my help. thanks and have a great weekend

....