Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

Doesnt start ramdomly then i need to push it in the ger a

Customer Question
hi doesnt start ramdomly then...
hi doesnt start ramdomly then i need to push it in the ger a bit and then it satrts
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: gear
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: new battery nice and tight it an 06 evo 9
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check the ignition module if its cracked aor does it move around when i turn the key cant be a clutch switch ,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also when im driviing i hear like a relay clicking
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sometimes when I get to stop i hear this clicking and the car stalls / dies
11/12/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

hello AND WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER. i VALUE YOUR INPUT TO MY QUESTIONS SO i MAY HELP YOU BETTER. iS THIS AN AUTOMATIC OR STANDARD TRANSMISSION IN THIS VEHICLE?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's manual Evo 9 turbo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its a manual 2.0 turbo evo 9

Have you tried leaving the shiftier alone in neutral and squeezing the clutch harder to the floor while turning the key? is there anything under the clutch pedal itself like doubled up floor mats?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was playing with that already , there's nothing under the clutch , when holding key in start position I was pressing and releasing the clutch multiple times and nothingOnly thing that work is to move the car a bit in the gear and then try again

I will Opt out so another may shed some more light on this. Good luck

Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well the other guy wasn't able to help meDon't wanna spend money on starter if I don't have to. That clicking noise ( like alectric relay ) is bother me

Where does the click from from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a random clicking , coming from the driver side engine bay I thinkI was trying to rev the engine while listening it under the hood but it was t clickingSeams to be clicking when under acceleration or when coming to the stop with clutch in and then sometimes if it start clicking it dies cuse rpms goes down thne

Is it a ticking noise that comes from the engine itself when running? Or is it from another component such as the purge solenoid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't think so cuse it's not always under the boost
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sometimes when cruising also but that's might not to be cinexctwd ti my starting issue
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If that would be a bad starter pushing a car a. Bit wouldn't halo right ?

The purge solenoid is part of the evaporative emissions system and would tick while running.

Does the noise coming from the engine itself or another component?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't tell

Do you hear any noise from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position when it will not crank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just one click from the starter I think
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Or some electrical one tick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then I need to push a car in a gear just a bit and then I can start it

If there is a single click from the starter but the engine does not crank then you need to voltage drop test the starter positive cable and engine ground at the time it will not crank and if ok then the starter can be condemned.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician