Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

Blower motor burned out, replaced with new one still does

Customer Question
not work JA: How many miles...
blower motor burned out, replaced with new one still does not work
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 98000
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2008 gts
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I checked for power to resistor, blue wire is hot I have power to the motor plug the blue and yellow wire has power at plug
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
10/13/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, what is the model and engine, you only wrote GTS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lancer 2.4L auto, I also tested the plug turning the blower switch on and off which showed me that there was power to the switch when it was turned on. When the plug was plugged into the motor my test light was hot on both the blue and yellow wires.

I need to opt out,I will not be online this am to continue helping, Another expert should be along soon to help

Mitsubishi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David. so the new one doesnt work on the highest setting either?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

ok. gimme moment thanks

you said a 2.4?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry it's a 2.0 L engine

ok. hang on a few

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I will this out thanks

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ran about wire from the plug to the motor and ground wire to the motor and runs fine

you have a bad ground it sounds like

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How is the grounded

let me get you a print

its the black wire at the blower motor connector. follow it and check where it attaches

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just replaced the motor resistor and the blower works Thanks

youre welcome. please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating if you were happy with my assistance. thanks. have a good one

glad you got it fixed

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic