Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

What I replace front seal i replaced trans,front seal and

Customer Question
WhatI replace front sealHi...
WhatI replace front sealHi i replaced trans,front seal and rear cranshaft seal and drain a torque converter leftover fluid,and forgot to add fluid to torque converter,now doesn't do any shifting, what could happen
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Montero sport 2000 3.0 two weell drive.
JA: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes,I replace rear cranshaft oil seal and front transmission seal.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
10/5/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Did you refill the transmission after your install?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The number was wrong,(###) ###-####

Can you please answer my question, Did you refill the transmission after your install?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did ,I put one gallon an
show full.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My # (323 ) was wrong,(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ron ,yes i put one gallon .

Have you check to see if the transmission fluid level is reading full. You should not need to fill the converter, if the transmission was full the pump would have filled it. This transmission hold 9.8 quarts dry. Is your fluid level reading full?

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician