Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Second opinion] - I have a Montero Limited 3.5L 6cyl. For

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have a Montero Limited 3.5L 6cyl. For the past couple of months, I've been battling a p0170 & p0173. Before both those codes came up together, I had a p0125 & p0170 together. A mechanic changed the thermostat and the p0125 did not go away. The p0125 code once I swapped out my passenger side O2 sensor and the 2 post-cat O2 sensors. After I swapped those out, the codes that came back are the p0170 & p0173. Since then I've been chasing the problem. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

delete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Montero is 2001. I went to get a reflash a couple weeks ago at the dealership and they told me I didn't need it (which was very confusing). The fuel pressure has not been checked at all but I've been reading live data with my OBDII and fuel trim reaches max only when I'm at idle and I assumed that meant it had to do with a vacuum leak?