Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

Can you help a lady with unclogging her tube my passenger

Customer Question
side floorboard is flooded...
Can you help a lady with unclogging her tube my passenger side floorboard is flooded . Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/25/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, please allow me a moment to find the info for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thanks I've been told that I need to either pull the dash out as a second option first option is below the drain tube and I need to know how to get the drain tube

ok. ill get you the info

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I going to wait for the answer and get today? I'm confused sorry

you dont have to pull the dash. ive included a similat issue from a previous just answer question.

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/a7e5929b369c41daa5ef529ab6429469

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its saying access denied

ok. let me see if i can send it as an attachment

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks or***@******.***

The drain tube for the AC is located just toward the driver side of center from the firewall, near the rear motor mount. You can ONLY access this from above, it is obscured from below by the large K-member.

In order to access it you will need to remove the engine air intake hose that attaches the throttle body to the air filter. It is held on with 10mm hose clamps on either end and a small rubber slide on hose in the center.

Once the intake hose is removed, look down the opening you created. You will see the rear motor mount down low, and on the firewall just behind it will be a flap of insulation. It should look like this:

If you grab the flap of insulation you can either tear it off or tuck it up under the brake lines above it on the firewall like shown below, and you will see the ac drain tube sticking out about 3/4" through the firewall:

From here you can use compressed air or a pipe cleaner etc to clean out the line if it is backed up. If you are having problems with water running back into the driver side which is also fairly common, you can apply some butyl rubber (3M WindoWeld Ribbon Sealer, for example) around the tube to seal it to the firewall and prevent water from running back in past the seal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is that it? will all you just sent me fix my problem? I can hear the water slushing when I turn my car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was told I had to clean the tube by blowing debris out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i don't think maybe i explained my problem correctly or you don't understand my problem

i understand your problem. you also have to pull the cabin air filter out and clean out all of the debris from inside the case

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok can you please send me step by step instructions and photos? asap
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please send me a pic of the hose that needs to be blown out?

Install a blower motor housing filter (listed in the PARTS INFORMATION section of this bulletin) a follows:

a.

Use a knife to cut a section from the top of the blower motor housing, along the perforated lines as shown.

b.

Install the filter with the air flow directional arrow pointing down.

c.

On Lancer and Outlander models only: Secure the filter with two 5X14 self-lapping screws

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
filter? i need to unclog the drain hose from i am assuming my ac that runs behind the glove compartment box where the rushing leak is coming out of
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please i need pics
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is that it? the wrong answer to my question for $5????? HEEEELLLPPP

ill let you go, i cant do the job for you. if you cant follow directions, maybe someone else can help you.

Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you , as I mentioned is assist you not actually doing the job so you have to be able to follow instructions, I will supply you with the info you need but it's up to you to fallow them or have someone help you . there are two issues you may have for this problem and after we resolve them I would strongly suggest to replace the cabin filter if so equipped and do an A/C refresh service to kill bacteria in the system. First you need to locate the drain tube and open it , the video I send you is using a pen to do this , you can try that but I like using a pipe cleaner myself. the next pics will show you how to reseal arond that drain tube area. can either do that from inside or out side or both.you can use either the product mentioned or a good silicon caulking..Your drain tube is a bit hard to get too and see but you can access it on the driver's side down on the fire wall the pics will show you what to look for the video will show you how to clean it out. if you follow all the info and video instructions you will solve your problem. Hope this helps solve your issue and if you need further assistance I;ll be happy to do so.good luck. here is the link showing how to find and clean the drain tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1t8QxK1054 also a link for step by step instructions that may further help you. http://www.import-car.com/tech-tip-fixing-mitsubishi-hvac-blockage-and-overflow/

7b674472-35c8-48fc-9a86-...jpg7b67447...jpgef62e16e-ef74-4119-b806-...jpgef62e16...jpgea47ec22-0aed-4e18-beef-...jpgea47ec2...jpgc9e7c2d3-31fe-4f9b-92de-...jpgc9e7c2d...jpg
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician