Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician
29331485

2002 montero 3.5 has no injector fire on cyl 2-4-6. has good

Customer Question

2002 montero 3.5 has no injector fire on cyl 2-4-6 . has good spark with new plug and wires to those cylinders .
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Did you check the injectors where getting power .

What malfunction codes did you have .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
injectors have power and I can ground the other side and make them fire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

The power comes from the MFI relay so that is there and working .

Now the ECM grounds the injectors ECM is new so check the wiring harness and connections .

So you have a problem with the wiring harness from the injectors to the ECM.

Check following wires from injectors to ECM .

Injector #4 Red / Yellow.

Injector #2 Orange .

Injector # 6 White / Red

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there two relays ,, one for left and one for right ?? If may be better to just talk to you ,, I am also a 45 year tech so I would under stand what you are telling me . I have worked on just about any kind of car you can think of . But I will check the wiring you said . Need to get this fixed for a stranded old lady from Oregon . In a small town in Iowa . Or you can just call me at(###) ###-####- My name is Oren Peterson /// and you can call anytime.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

No just one MFI relay .as said the injectors have power from the MFI relay and are grounded with the ECM with

signal sent by the cam and crank sensor .

USE a LED test light on the three wires at the ECM when the car is running or cranking you should have a blinking LRD light .if not blinking then possible bad connection or ECM.

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi Oren .

Did you confirm the line from the Injectors to the ECM .

Rgds Greg