Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Doug, I've got a 91 Gallant that is having some shifting

Customer Question

Hi Doug, I've got a 91 Gallant that is having some shifting problems. If I shift manually it's fine but after driving at freeway speeds for 7-10 miles, it shifts erratically and jerks then when I come to a stop I have low acceleration on take off. I think it isn't downshifting like it should. Since it shifts smoothly when I shift manually, I suspect the Transmission Control Module, since the GPS was just replaced. Do you concur based on symptoms and can you tell me where the TCM is located on a 91?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i would agree that it is the tcm give me just a moment i will find the location for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the TCM and and the transmission control solenoid have to be replaced at the same time?