Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

How can I transfer the connection of my 2004 Mitsubishi

Customer Question
Lancer 2.4 Sportsback/Ralliart DLR from...
How can I transfer the connection of my 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.4 Sportsback/Ralliart DLR from the low beam to the high beam?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/19/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can you go into more detail on why your swapping wires around or what concern you have and your trying to address?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, what should I do with the connections of the day time running lights, I want it to be the high beam instead of the low beam.

Here is your headlight wire diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ralliant.pdf

The only way to make the DRLs illuminate the high beams instead of the low beams is to swap the power wires at the headlights. This means your headlight dimmer switch will work backwards and the high beam indicator will not work correct. Also if you forget to turn the headlights on at night and leave only the DRLs running, you will be pulled over for breaking the low running with your high beams on.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, to repeat my question what should I do with the electrical connections to transfer my day time running lights from low beam to high beam?

Unplug both headlights there are 3 wires to each. Do not mess with the black wires. The other 2 remaining wired. remove those wires and pins from the connector and switch them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I said the 1st time I asked this question I explained already that I did exchanged those 2 wires and I noticed that when the high beam indicator light is on the lower beam outside are those working meaning I did already what you had just want me to do with the connections.Is there any other way to make it properly??

Is there any other way to make it properly?? That is the problem, it works properly now. Your wanting it to not work proper which results in other things not working as you would like. If you want daytime running lights to be the high beams then you would have to overlook the high beam indicator being on and the headlight dimmer switch working backwards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had a friend with a mercedes benz, he told me he interchanged his day time running light from low beam to high beam and it was done perfectly. I just don't have anymore contact with fellow.

This is a Mitsubishi. Completely different wiring and operating system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can pay the $35 fee as long as I can have the answer I want but as you told me, the only way to do it is to overlook the high beam indicator being on and the headlight dimmer switch working backward which I have done before. What I want is the high beam daytime running lights and the high beam indicator light working together. If you are sure you can give me the right answer, I'll give you a call. Thank you.

I do not feel like your understanding the issue. I am going to opt out and let another try to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thanks anyway..
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician