Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

My left turn signals are not working even when I put on the

Customer Question
flashers , is there a...
My left turn signals are not working even when I put on the flashers , is there a fuse for just the left side? The indicator is flashing fast as if the circuit is broken
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/18/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your model has an ETACS ecu with a built in relay for the left side turn signals.Since both front and rear are not working as well as the hazard part of the left side turn signals I suspect this ecu is the cause here needing replaced.You can check fuse 14 in the relay box and make sure it is o.k. but most likely it is and this ecu needs replaced.If you need more info on this ecu let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I just spent $120 on the part you told me and I didn't work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It

Did you check and make sure the fuse was o.k.?

Did you have any wiring tested to make sure the ETACS was the issue here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuse is good and there is power going to the stalk

O.k.,at your turn signal switch with the key on and right turn on then left turn switched on.Test the green wire with red stripe for voltage/off on voltage with one or the other (left or right turn on) and see if it has voltage or alternating off and on voltage.Then test the orange wire with black stripe the same way.See if both of these have voltage or on/off alternating voltage with left or right turn activated and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pete,
Is there a flasher / signal unit on this car?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If so get me the Mitsubishi part # please

I do not see a flasher on this model here.It is all controlled by the ETACS control unit.If the wiring is all o.k. looking at the diagram the only other cause I see here is a fault with the turn signal/combination switch needing replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed that switch and put the flashers on and they only flashed on the right side still
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to reprogram the computer or ecu when I replaced it?

The only other thing I can see here is a broken wiring issue from the switch to the etacs-ecu.No programming is needed when it is replaced as it should be just a simple plug and play.

Make sure fuse 5 (7.5 amp) and 2 (7.5 amp)is o.k. at the junction block and 22 (10 amp at the relay box)

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician