Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a 2002 eclipse 2.4 and i parked and went to new york

Customer Question
for a couple months and...
i have a 2002 eclipse 2.4 and i parked and went to new york for a couple months and when i returned it would not start its not firing or pumping gas
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: it was runnin fine when i parked it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/3/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, is the car cranking at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No its not

Have you checked voltage at the battery or have you tried jump starting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all that,it's not firing or pumping gas

so its cranking but not turning over(starting). ok. do you know where the fuel pump relay is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Listen I did all that I need to know about the reprogramming of the key is there anything you can tell me to do

you have to have 2 original keys to do this procedure.

1. Insert an existing first (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) for 5 seconds and back to OFF and remove the key.
3. WITHIN SEVEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON. The security light will flash twice. Switch ignition back to OFF and Remove key.
4. WITHIN SEVEN SECONDS insert the New (unprogrammed) key and turn to ON.
5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate the new key has been successfully programmed.
6. Turn ignition to OFF and remote new programmed key. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to program additional keys if any. All new keys must be programmed within 30 seconds of removing second programmed key and security light flashing twice.
7. To exit programming mode: leave ignition switched ON for more than 30 seconds.

If you do not have 2 original keys: They must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.

Did that procedure work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have but one key

unfortunately there is nothing else that can be done. You will need to go the dealer with your key and vin and have them reprogram a new key and possibly the existing one. short of bypassing the immobilizer, which you need a special cable to hook up to the pcm and a laptop to dump the immobilizer memory. Sorry but thats the only solution.

please dont forget to rate me, its the only way i get credit for my help. thank you and good luck to you.

make sure you have two keys coded in case this comes up again.

Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician