sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

It's actually my wife's Mitsubishi. Apparently her car

Customer Question

Hello! It's actually my wife's Mitsubishi. Apparently her car wouldn't start so she jump started it and now the alarm won't stop going off. We tried unhooking the battery and rehooking it, but the alarm keeps going off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: When I opened the drivers side door using the key, the alarm went off loudetr
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: louder*
JA: What year is your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Mitsubishi Eclipse 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah we were hoping to, we reset the alarm (or thought we did) by unhooking the battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's sort of a "quiet" alarm until you try to open the door, then it becomes a full on car alarm.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Disconnecting the battery would arm the alarm, just as restoring power with the jump start did. The unlock/disarm button on the key fob needs to be pressed to disarm the alarm. Do you still have a functional key fob?