Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2003 outlander awd I have 5.9 volts going to the fuel

Customer Question

I have 2003 outlander awd I have 5.9 volts going to the fuel pump could it be the relay or some ind of sensor.
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: the car will start if I spray starting fliud in it
JA: What is the model of your '03 Mitsubishi?
Customer: outlander awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trouble shooting to see if
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: trouble shooted the fuel pump with a volt meter and got 5.9 volts coming into it shouldn.t there be 12
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

This sounds more like dirty contacts in the pump relay. Did you use the pump ground wire for this test, if so the ground could have resistance.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris