sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

My eclipse gst shut off while I was driving and now turns

Customer Question

My eclipse gst shut off while I was driving and now turns over but won't start
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light come on for bulb check when first turning key to on position? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to see if it will run on starting fluid or checked for spark? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked for spark and do u know what would cause all coils to not spark
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This would most likely either mean crank sensor or timing has jumped. Replace crank sensor and if that doesn't help check timing marks. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx and would that sensor cut out spark
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes it would, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just put a new timing belt and a new crank sensor and still no spark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I test the coil packs
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If coil was problem it would only effect 1 or 2 cylinderes, not all 4.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I talk to u on the phone
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes but that would cost extra and I think we can handle it over chat just as easy. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok can u tell me how to test the cool tho
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Here are instructions to test coil.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/125ktvexd97cqpk/coilt.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so far I have had the timing belt done new ignition power resistor crank position sensor and new spark plug wires and still the same thing
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

At this point I'd say replace PCM but I don't want you to waste any more money. I'll open question back up to see if someone else has some ideas, maybe I'm missing something.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the cam shaft sensor is bad will it cause no spark
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Different expert here.

I noticed you posted having replaced the timing belt. Have you done a compression test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey I didint know u had to re program the Ecu when u put a new crank position sensor how do u do that with out a can tool

Neither did I and I used to work at a Mitsu dealer ;) Seriously now, PCM doesn't need reprogramming when the crank sensor is replaced according to Mitsubishi.

Basically, if valve timing/engine compression and fuel pressure are up to specs and the crank sensor is new, but still there is no spark on any of the cylinders, then either the coil assembly is bad or has a bad connection or it's not getting power; or the PCM itself is bad and/or has a bad connection or it's not getting power.

Start by checking with the engine cranking for at least 9.5 volts at the Black/White wire going to the coil. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok there is 9.5 volts going to the coil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can I find the asd relay

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you. I'll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Do you still need help?