Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

My Pajero 2008 is having the centre differential lock light

Customer Question
hi my Pajero 2008 is having...
hi
my Pajero 2008 is having the centre differential lock light blinking after the vehicle is driven after some kilometers and and the 2WD light goes off and the centre light keeps blinking. Once i switch off the engine and restart it again the blinking light goes off and am back in 2WD mode again. What could be the reason for blinking?
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: the light in between the four wheels displayed on the front displayed between the speedometers
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mitsubishi?
Customer: its a 4 door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent tried anything yet...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
7/12/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with a differential actuator or an issue with the transfer case actuator.I have seen both cause a fault like this before but this may also be a fault with a position sensor or another sensor with the 4wd components.What needs to be done from here is to have a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers on your model here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician