Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

First off, to fill you in on the case: I went ahead and

Customer Question
Hello!First off, to fill you...
Hello!First off, to fill you in on the case: I went ahead and contacted corporate. They told me to write a letter. They also may have ignored a couple recalls. Or not entered them in the system. Corporate told me to write them a letter addressed to the Dealer/Service shop so that they may forward them, but were explicit that I could still probably amend the civil complaint and also pursue the matter in open court.Another Mitsu dealer has agreed to help out with checking it out and diagnosing what was done wrong. It is where I originally bought it actually. They went so far as to suggest I contact a local news team that does customer complaints. I think they'd very much like to leverage me as advertisement, haha.Anyways, this time I'm hoping you can walk me through a diagnosis. My fans are not turning on, but they turn on when connected directly. The A/C fan was turning on but failed too this week. Since I am an MVAC tech, I have a power probe (though up till now signal work has been done by my electromechanic friend) and all the other necessary tools. I know there are a couple sensors I need to check, but I know nothing about the actual motor. I'm pure HVAC and MVAC.Thanks in advance!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/22/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

What sort of vehicle is this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ah, sorry, forgot the previous question was not linked. Lancer '09 DE.

No problem.

So the primary problem here is that you aren't getting any fan operation on the radiator? Or are you having problems with the blower fan too?

What has been done by the dealership and what was their explanation for why they could not fix it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No fan operation. Blower is good. Not been taken in, as this is apart from that other issue.

Thanks. I just found that previous ticket we had, this was the one with all the headaches at the shop etc.

You mentioned the fans work when powered manually.... what about when activated via scan tool active tests?
Since the condenser fan stopped working, have you checked it again to make sure it still works when powered manually?

Also if you are able, I'd like to get a photo of your under hood fuse panel with the cover off so I can see your arrangement.

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician