Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I am throwing a P0174 code and my ASC Off and Anti Skid

Customer Question

I am throwing a P0174 code and my ASC Off and Anti Skid lights come on at the same time
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes and yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2009 eclipse Spyder GT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced MAF sensor/ didn't work. Turned off rear o2 sensors and all lights went away but car will not pass inspection with thenO2 sensors turned off in the rear
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When I replaced the original MAF sensor it threw a P0113 code for Intake Air Temperature. Not sure if that is accurate and the new sensor was working properly and the old one wasnt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you still getting the P0113 code? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put the new MAF Sensor in I get the 113 code. When the old is in I only get the 174 by itself
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the new MAF is the problem if you are getting two separate codes. If something else was causing the P0174 code then it should set with both MAF sensors. I would recommend replacing with a new sensor of a different brand. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not my issue. My issue is the 174 code which was present prior to replacing the MAF
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the 174 code with both sensors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that code is present with both MAF sensors
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Does vehicle idle rough or lack power under hard acceleration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really. I don't notice any drivability issues at all.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend replacing the front bank 2 oxygen sensor. If it was fuel related or vacuum leak then you would usually notice a driveability problem. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test the oxygen sensor or figure out if it truly is bad? I don't want to just throw money to attempt to fix an issue I want to make sure that is the issue first
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you have scan tool to monitor sensor you can compare signals to the front two and if they aren't the same then replace. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is its determine a rough idle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why when only the rear o2 sensors are off does the 174 code go away
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If Idle was rough that could point toward restricted injectors or vacuum leak. When disconnecting rear sensors it disables monitor. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks