Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant which doesn't pass smog

Customer Question
test. The MANUFACTURER FAULT...
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant which doesn't pass smog test. The MANUFACTURER FAULT CODE IS OBD P1750. The car passed everying but failed Air Injection. Do you know what this is and how much do you think it would cost to get fixed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/14/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, P1750 is for a fault in one of the transmission control solenoid circuits. Possible causes are faulty transmission converter clutch solenoid, shift solenoid, pressure control solenoid or the engine control module that controls them

These need to be tested with a scan tool to find out which one is faulty.

As to costs, if it is one of the solenoids, the solenoid assembly costs $490 and is 1.8hrs labor to replace, about $180, total around $670.

If the ecm, it is around $500 for the part and 1hr labor, about $100, total around $600

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
anything I can do to just pass test and not get into $$$$.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can i try something that might pass but just temporarily or less expensive

HI,

Unfortunately with a hard fault like this, unless you repair it, the code will stay in the computer no matter what you try, which means automatic fail on the emissions test. There are some faults that simply cannot be band-aided in order to turn erase the fault code and this is one of them.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager