Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a mitsubishi Magna V6 which I replace my distributor

Customer Question
Hi, My name is***** have...
Hi, My name is***** have a mitsubishi Magna V6 which I replace my distributor and can't remember the firing order and can someone help me with the firing order?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I replaced the distributor and tried using this firing 1-6,5-4,3-2 ,1-5,3-6,2-4 and 1-4,2-5,3-6 but my car could'nt start
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: The battery is a new one and the miles are 50 000km
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes but with your assistance it would be great
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The sparks are great and there is fuel and every is great but it could'nt start
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: I reset the timing as well but as well but it's still the same
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the details of my car mitubishi magna V6 2004 Model ES Series and it's V shape engine
6/6/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there,

The firing order is 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Are you sure the distributor went back in with rotor button facing the same position as before removal?

Gary

The cap is numbered, not in firing order, just follow the cylinder numbers.

Hi again,

Do you still need help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician