Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I HAVE A 2000 MITSUBISHI GALANT AND MY CAR KEEP CUTTING OFF

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2000 MITSUBISHI GALANT AND MY CAR KEEP CUTTING OFF WHEN I DRIVE FOR A WHILE. I HAD THIS CAR IN THE SHOP FOR 3 WEEKS BEFORE I TOOK IT TO THEM I HAD THE CRANK SENOR, REPLACE. I WAS TOLD FROM THEM 98% THEY WERE FOR SURE IT WAS THE TIMING OFF A LITTLE AND THEY RESET IT. NOW THEY ARE SAYING IS IS THE ECM CAUSING IT TO CUT OFF AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT FOR THAT I NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND WE NO LONGER HAVE MISUBSHI DEALER IN AUGUSTA GEORGIA. THE CODE KEPT COMING UP 335 AND THEY REPLACE MY ALTERNATOR AND ALL THIS CAME UP TO 400.00 TO ME THAT WAS A RIPPED OFF
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I JUST SENT WHAT I THOUGHT WHAT WAS GOING ON
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: GETTING A MECHANIC YES
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: NO
.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The P0335 is a pretty rock solid fault... it basically sets any time there is either a circuit anomaly on the crank sensor or the computer sees the camshaft turning but not the crank shaft. Having a computer failure is extremely unlikely... like the last thing you would expect here. When the crank sensor was replaced was a genuine Mitsubishi sensor (ordered from a dealership) used, or was it sourced from a third party store? This is extremely important, because third party crank sensors do not work reliably on these cars.