Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander and my brake lights won't

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander and my brake lights won't go on , all ready check fuse and replaced stop light switch, still not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander stop light won't go on , I check all the fuses, in and out and replaced the stop light switch and still no brake lights...???
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check all the fuses and replaced the stop light switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Do you have a test light or DC meter we can use?
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
If you can get your hands on a DC meter or a test light, please unplug the stop light switch and check for power between chassis ground and the Brown wire on the stop light switch harness with the key on and tell me if you have 12V there or not.