Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse will not start. Install fuel pump the

Customer Question

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse will not start. Install fuel pump the car ran for 2 day. Now, it will not crank but spark control work. Plus, the fuel relay is good. MPI (ECM) relay is not reading correct voltage. Mitsubishi does not stock these parts anymore. Can I convert it to regular relays
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mitsubishi. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Hi,If the vehicle ran after replacing the fuel pump and now is back to behaving the same way, I would be investigating the fuel pump again in case you got a new-bad part or else the temporary relief from the pump may have been entirely coincidental.If you are not seeing proper voltage output from the MPFI relay however, that is likely to be your issue (And the fuel pump coincidental). This should be the multi-relay on this year.... you can get these aftermarket the last time I needed one, but Mitsubishi ones are not available anymore. In a pinch you can rewire it for generic relays though... there isn't anything special there preventing doing so, other than it being tedious and less preferred over the correct part.