Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need the Radio code 2001 Galant JA: Thanks. Can yo

Customer Question
***** ***** need the...

***** ***** need the Radio code for my 2001 Galant

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

There's an error code I already called customer service when I bought it I paid $100 that was in Feb I don't want to have to pay another $100 changed out the battery so I have the error code on my stereo again I should've written it down before

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
4/7/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Hi,Does your radio require a security code (display says "codE" or "oFF") or is there an error code stuck on the screen (like E-05)?
yes, it shows the E-05...
I paid for the code over the phone back in February, and didn't write it down. I thought it was a one time error, and when I had my car worked on again, the error came back on, but i had forgotten the digits...
Just to be clear, it is not currently asking for a code (displaying "codE" or "oFF"), it has an internal failure code E-05 set? The implications are very different between the two scenarios.
I need the digits again to get my stereo working please
No implications... I think it was a 4 digit code I needed to enter.
If you guys don't know, please say so. I'll request a refund for your inability to provide me with an answer to my problem. I don't want to spend more money just to hear you demand me to pay more money in exchange for nothing.
Thanks.
If the radio displays code or off then it needs a code and that I can help you with. If the radio displays an error number however the code won't help that.
There is certainly no inability to help in either situation, the problem is that you have asked for one thing and then described a totally different situation with the error code being set.
I need the digits...
If you don't know, please say so, and give me my refund.
I have no time for scams.
"Mitsubishi Mechanic"??? Are you knowledgeable or not?
I'm supposed to hold down the second or third button at the bottom, and "_ _ _ _" will appear on the display... I press the button to enter the digits, and after that, the radio should function normally.
I'm not sure if you want help or not. If you want the code and for me to ignore your previous comments that you had a E05 error which is a completely different situation, then I can do that. I was just looking out for your best interest in trying to address the problem you presented to me, whether it was the truth or not.If you want the code, I need the serial number from the radio just like you had to do last time. I will then get your code shortly. I am not in my office right now like I was eight days ago so I will go make a trip to it to get your code as soon as I have your serial number.
I need the digits, not an explanation of what the error codes mean... I didn't ask for the explanation of the error codes. I requested the digits to enter to get my stereo functioning again.
I never had to look at the serial number.
Mitsubishi -only- uses the serial number to retrieve unlock codes. No other way about it, unfortunately. It is impossible to get a code without a serial number.Sorry if I misunderstood when you said "yes it says e-05"
You don't seem to be very knowledgeable, nor capable of providing me with any acceptable solution to my issue, Doug "Sir"...
I don't need to hear your voice just so you can charge me more money to continue telling me that you have no idea... that I make payments for no results.
Since, you don't know, be a man and admit it... or else please provide me with the code/ digits I need to enter to get my stereo functioning properly again.
I have seen something like that pop up once or twice before, but like i said, after i was provided the digits, without having to look at the serial #, i entered the digits, and everything was fine until my mevhanics d/c-ed the car battery, and upon reconnection, i need to enter the digits again.
Sorry for the delay, again I'm out of my office right now.
It also sounds like the site keeps trying to sell a phone call .. that is NOT me doing that, im sorry about that.If you can not get the serial number I can have the question closed and your money refunded, just let me know ( do Not make a rating, as that will charge the money).
Or if you can get the serial number I'll get your code. I'll be at my office in a few minutes.
Just let me know which to do.
I will put through your request for refund.If you find you can get the serial number just let me know and I will retrieve your code for you.
hi Doug. I was able to get my serial # ***** my Mitsubishi Motors car stereo. It's "14114053 F".
I need the 4 digit code to unlock my car stereo. Thanks.
Hi,Sorry for the delay, I just got in.I am checking that serial number for you right now!
For serial number 14114053(F) your unlock code will be:0289 To input the code you radio must display "codE" when turned on. If it displays "oFF" let me know as there are additional instructions you will need to do.With "codE" on the display push the following buttons to input the code:Preset 1 one time (a 0 will appear)Preset 2 three times (the second digit will increase 0-1-2 as you press it)Preset 3 nine timesPreset 4 ten timesWhen finished the radio should display 0289. At this point you can push the unlock button... this varies by radio but will always be either CD, AMFM or TAPE. There is no penalty for pushing the wrong one as long as your code is displayed properly, so you can just push each one once and the radio will beep and turn on when it is pressed.If you have any issues or need clarification, or if you have "oFF" on the radio now and need to take care of that, just let me know.
Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician