Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Mitsubishi 15.5 ASX LS in Australia. Recently…

Customer Question
I have a 2015 Mitsubishi...
I have a 2015 Mitsubishi 15.5 ASX LS in Australia. Recently the car has lost power while driving along suburban roads (eg) stopped at a set of traffic lights, then started to take off, vehicle bunny-hopped, lost power for several seconds, pushed down on accelerator and nothing happened for a few seconds -it was as if the engine had shut down - and then it took off quite normally; second time, a week later, same circumstances at traffic lights and same thing happens; third time two weeks later took off from lights normally, about 40 meters down the road I suddenly lost power as if the whole engine had just shut down for a couple of seconds then the engine 'started up' again and drove normally; car was then serviced; fourth time, coming up to a round-about, slowing down but not stopping, the engine cut as out as I accelerated to go around, car kept rolling with engine off for 3 or 4 seconds, driver behind had to mount the sideward to avoid rear ending me, engine then fired up and drove normally.
Car dealer says nothing shows on log and all seems normal. But it is not. Can you assist me please. Rosie
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/8/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi .

I take it you have no warning light ON when the engine is running .

When the problem starts do any warning lights come on or flash .

Was this car checked out under the warranty .

Rgds Greg

No warning lights on when engine is running; no warning lights come on when the loss of power occurs; yes, car was delivered new two months ago, s under warranty and was checked out for the first three problems under warranty but no problem found.

Okay just checked my data bank for your car and have no issue relating to this .

All i can suggest is you get in touch with the Mitsubishi customer care center.

Please click here and send in your problem under the warranty in the drop down box ..

Looks like your Dealer is not taking good care of you and your problem .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Hi Greg, any progress on your diagnosis? Cheers, Rosie

Hi Rosie .

As said above you are going to have to talk to the HQ.

It looks like you are having a problem with your ECM ,as you are experiencing a bad drivability issue

that is not being recorded or setting malfunction codes , this is not normal and looks like Mitsubishi Dealership

will have to take in your car and have it checked fully at there HQ and give you a loaner . if this does not work report this issue to the lemon Please click here .,

Rgds Greg