Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is there a fuel cutoff switch or reset button on a 2002

Customer Question
mitsubishi eclipse spyder gt 3.0...
Is there a fuel cutoff switch or reset button on a 2002 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gt 3.0 v6
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/7/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

There is no such device on these cars, that is a Ford feature. What is your issue?

Car cranks but wont start
Throwin a p0300 code

Thanks.

Can you confirm if you have spark while cranking? Either by pulling a plug wire and plug, grounding it and cranking, or by spraying starting fluid in the intake and cranking to see if it kicks at all.

Theres spark from the plugs and wires
We put new plugs and wires on they are in the correct firing order
Took the hose off the fuel pressure regulator cranked it didnt see any fuel sep out

Great.

Don't worry about the regulator side hose, it won't normally be flowing too much fuel, so it doesn't really signify anything certain in either direction.
Lets loosen the two 10mm bolts holding the pressure line onto the fuel rail, then direct the pressure line into a receptacle and have a helper crank the engine... does the fuel come out like a firehose, like a sink faucet, or of course not at all?

Just a side ? Is the fuel pump supposed to make like a hum or something when you turn key to accessoriea

No it is not. The fuel pump only runs when the crank sensor is showing engine RPM. This is a safety function to prevent the pump from over-running in an accident etc where it might be spilling fuel. No engine RPM, no fuel pump operation.

Ok. We are about to do the throttle body test u asked me about

Spraying into it with starting fluid?

The purpose of that was to verify if you have spark primarily... which you said you already know you do. However it will also give an indication of internal health of the engine (if it has compression), so it is still worth doing.