Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE CODE B1509 INCORRECT SRS, B1646

Customer Question
2014 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE CODE B1509 INCORRECT...
2014 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE
CODE B1509 INCORRECT SRS, B1646 CODING DATA MISMATCH , U1195 CODING NOT COMPLETEDWE ARE INSTALLING A NEW SRS CONTROL MODULE, AND WE CAN'T REPROGRAM
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/3/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

Are you using a MUT3 to program the SRS unit and it is not responding, or are you trying to find some way around the MUT3 execution and calibration etc?

I USE A AUTEL MAXISYS
BUT EVEN I CALL A GUY THAT ONLY DO PROGRAMMING HE IS MOBILE AND ALL DEALER USE HIM AND HE WAS STUCK LIKE ME

Is he using a MUT3? There is no way around this step.

OH THATS THE SMALL BOX WITH A FEW BUTTONS, YES AND HIS COMPUTER.
HE HAVE ALL SCAN FOR ALL CARS. HE WORK DIRECT WITH ALL DEALERS , HE GO YESTERDAY DIRECT TO THE DEALER AND THEY CAN'T HELP THEY DONT DOIT ONE FOR THIS YEAR YET , THEY WANT I TAKE THE CAR TO TRIED AND CALL THEY HELP LINE
WHEN MY MECHANIC TRIED TO COPY AND PASTE GIVE AND ERROR SAID IF YOU HAVE DTC YOU CAN'T CONTINUE WITH THE PROCESS BUT THE ONLY THAT WE NEED CHANGE IS THE CONTROL MODULE THE ONE WE ARE TRYING TO REPROGRAM
THE CAR DONT HAVE ANY OTHER CODE
HE TRIED TO PUT THE OLD ONE TO COPY FROM THERE BUT ASK FOR A OPT (4 NUMBERS OR LETTERS) NOBODY CAN HELP WITH WHAT IS THE OPT

What revision is his MUT3 at?

Why couldn't the dealer do it? Is this a used ecu?

Could they communicate with the SRS ecu? Could they communicate with the OCM ecu?

If they can communicate, what does the VIN read for each ecu?

HE GO TO THE DEALER AND ASK ALL THIS QUESTIONS AND THEY SAID THEY DONT DOIT BEFORE THEY NEED THE CAR THERE TO CALL THE HELP LINE TO THEY GUIDE THEM BUT THE DEALER IS 40 MIN AGAIN FROM ME THATS WHY IM TRYING SOMETHING ELSE
THE SRS IS NEW FROM THE DEALER

Well yeah if you are just carrying the thing in they can't do anything with it. The car must be there for it to be coded.

I'm not sure there is an actual problem here, apart from just not following procedure.
The car must be present to code the ecu.

The ecu can not be coded with any tool other than a factory MUT3. No exceptions.

WHEN YOU READ THE SRS ONLY HAVE THE VIN ALL THE INFORMATION FOR THE SEAT BELST , SENSOR ALL THAT IS EMPTY I DONT KNOW IF THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
HE HAVE THAT

So he was able to write the VIN with the third party tool but can not code it... and that makes sense, because you have to have a connection to Mitsubishi corporate web site via Dealerlink to download the coding file, which the MUT3 then writes to the ecu.

So, you are still back exactly where we started.... you need to have the vehicle coded via a dealership with MUT3 coding receiving a coding file via Dealerlink.

I know this is inconvenient with your 40 miles to a dealership, but unfortunately there is no way around this step as I mentioned initially. It has to be done with a MUT3, and it has to be done with the vehicle present so that the dealer can write the file to the car.

THEN SAID YOU CAN'T CONTINUE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DTC, SAID FIX THE DTC BUT THE ONLY CODE THAT GIVE IF YOU SCAN THE CAR IS THE THREE THAT I SEND YOU, IF A POSSIBILITY THAT THE CONTROL MODULE CAME BROKE OR WITH DEFECT SOMETHING FROM THE DEALER
OK THATS MEAN I NEED TAKE THE CAR TO THE DEALER

I would find it highly unlikely that the ecu was damaged or used from the dealer.

If it were damaged you would expect either no operation or trouble codes other than the ones you have. The three you have are just typical faults for a not-yet-coded ecu.

If it were used it would be easy enough to tell (at least on a MUT3), when you check the ecu information on this model it will not only show you the VIN, but on the MUT3 it will also show you the "first" VIN, so even if someone returned it the first VIN that was written would still be present, listed separately (some other scan tools can read this, but not all).

OK

I know its a bummer not being able to do stuff like this outside the dealership, but unfortunately everything that requires coding files at this point is dealer only. In the future you'll find aftermarket scan tools developing "Save" functions for the coding to extract for writing to a new ecu as that has been developed in the past (early 2000's vehicles), however even at that it is only good from a known-good ecu (if you have for an example an srs ecu that is damaged or deployed bags, it won't help you).

The only alternative to a dealership would be cost prohibitive (buying a MUT3 and knowing someone at Mitsubishi with intranet access to get you a coding file... unrealistic expectations unfortunately).