Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 mitsubishi outlander has problems starting acts like…

Customer Question
Hi I am Tex...

Hi I am Tex, my 2011 mitsubishi outlander has problems starting acts like the push button is going bad any way to check this thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The suv starts 95 % of the time seems to work after I let it sit for 15 or 20 mins

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
2/29/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Tex,

You mentioned a push button... is this an Outlander Sport model?

it is

Thanks Tex.

Please try these three checks to see if there is any change int he condition:

1) Hold the key right up against the push button and use the push button start and see if it is now more responsive;

2) Open the glove box and insert the key fob into the slot in the upper left corner of the glove box, then use the push button start and see if it is now more responsive;

3) If you have one available, try a second key (first key at least 5 feet away from the vehicle) and use the push button start and see if it is more responsive.

Let me know what you find.