Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car sounds like its not getting enough gas,so I got it…

Customer Question
My car sounds like its...
My car sounds like its not getting enough gas,so I got it towed to be put on a diagnostic tests and the guys said that it was out of timing,needed a water and a starter.I get that put on three after I got it out the shop its had done it again.Im clueless.Can you please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
2/29/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks