peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited P0301 and P0 300 came up I

Customer Question

2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited P0301 and P0 300 came up I replace spark plugs I replace spark cables I replace coil's I drove the car for about half hour on highway to reset computer still had to put scan tool to erase i'm still code multiple misfire still comes out I bought original parts from dealer what do you recommend
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The misfire here may be coming from the cylinder 1 fuel injector not atomizing properly or an issue with low compression in cylinder 1 due to a fault with one of the valves in the cylinder head,cylinder wall damage or piston ring wear.

I would have a cylinder compression test done to see if there is a low compression issue.If low compression is found then the engine will need examined further to locate the source of the low compression and then repaired from there.

If compression is found to be o.k. then the fuel injectors need tested to see if cylinder #1 needs either cleaned or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll try that see what happens thanks a lot prescient

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete