Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car is running with they key inside and the doors wont…

Customer Question
My car is running...

My car is running with they key inside and the doors wont open. The dash says wheel lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What model and year is your Mitsubishi?

2008 Outlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Mitsubishi Mechanic can help you with your '08 Outlander. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I started the car to warm it up. went inside and when I returned the doors were locked. I tried the other key fob as well as they key to open the door, but nothing. The dash indicated the wheel is locked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I can. I need to get to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Mitsubishi Mechanic now?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you tried to spray a small amount of lubricant into the door lock cylinder then work the key in the cylinder to see if it opens then?If not if you have the mechanical key cylinder in the door and a key I would try this and see if this opens the door then.If this does not work and your keys are in it with it running a lock smith or AAA company may have to come out to unlock it and open it for you.I have had to call myself once before for the same issue unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete