Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi Pajero NS SWB with "sagging" sunroof. when it…

Customer Question
Mitsubishi Pajero NS SWB with...
Mitsubishi Pajero NS SWB with "sagging" sunroof. when it closes the rear no longer sits flush and you can see light between the rubber and the metal. it previously sat flat when closed.
all other operating is as per design and it is a factory sunroof.
thanks for your thoughts and help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
2/20/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

Have you tried adjusting the glass on the track? If you slide the sun shade open while the glass is closed you should see three screws on either side to loosen and move the flap las position on the track, specifically raising the rear of course.

hi there.
tried this and there isn't any adjustment in them.

There should definitely be adjustment. Did you locate the three screws on either side of the glass?

If so, remove the back screw entirely, do you see a square opening instead of a fixed round hole?

hi doug,
sorry was away for work. there is a square opening which when you loosen the screw becomes your adjustability. I will pull it apart and had a look now, but i expect on the other side to be the screw hole.

No problem at all.

You should have at the very least the rears with the square holes for adjustment, though usually all six will have square holes. This is your only area for adjustment.

If you can get it close but not quite enough, you can remove the screws entirely and take the glass out to modify the holes for a little extra give. Remember you don't have to just raise the rear, if you dip the front it will bring the back up some too so you can split the difference to minimize any modification.

If you are unable to get sufficient movement to an agreeable position, then the track cables will be heavily worn preventing holding at original closing position. You can sometimes have the roof recalibrated (scan tool, or cut power to the top, run it all the way to the rear, then move it forward in 1" increments until fully closed, then continue until it tilts upward. This is a major pain to get right, just a heads up). If even recalibrating won't get it to an agreeable position, then removal and disassembly/inspection for any incidental damage while apart would be in order, likely resulting in cable replacement.