Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key won't start the car but it is the right key. We

Customer Question
The key won't start...

The key won't start the car but it is the right key. We changed the tire because of a flat left it in front of the house for a few days then tried to start it using the key to get a new set of tires and it wouldn't start. Car has power and ignition turns but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The spark plugs aren't sending spark. We thought it was the fuel pump... Nope

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/19/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

What year and model vehicle is this?

2007 mitsubishi spyder 4cyl

Thanks.

Is the key in physically good condition, or is the head cracked at all etc?

Good condition
While working on it it started once then cut off

Thanks.

Are you seeing any unusual lights on the dash, particularly a green one?
On the assumption there is something key related, do you have a second key you can try?

No I don't and no unusual lights

Thanks.

Are we able to do some basic tests on the car to make sure this is/isn't key related? Specifically, verifying the Service Engine light still works when you turn the key on, verifying you have spark while cranking, fuel pulse and/or fuel pressure, etc?