sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My Ac blower stays on and won't turn off

Customer Question

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you have the full automatic climate control or manual climate control? does it run with key off and out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the manual climate control. I stays running with the key on
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

oh, though would be the auto system and runs with key off, so with key on blower off and it still runs? I am unsure, Normally would lead back to control you said you changed so,, I will opt out and open the post to the other experts, unsure on this one right off

Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help . is this a 4 or 6 cylinder car ??

Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.

this is cause by an bad blower motor relay located on the driver side of the dash where the door closes just open the door remove the side panel you will see 4 relays the relay for the blower motor is the second one from the top

Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.

if you have any more questions please ask , if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get pat thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switch relay and it still does the same thing
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.

did you also replace the control ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replace the climate control and switch the relay from the bottom and move it to the middle
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 1 year ago.

then you have a short in the circuit what about the resister

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Resister change and it still do same thing
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you had a manual control system as stated then it would require two failures to be happening at once for the blower motor to stay on once turned off. It would require power to remain on the relay output circuit when there shouldn't be, a ground to remain on the circuit from the resistor to the motor. It's more likely that you actually have an automatic system. Do you have the part number for the part you replaced which you believe was a resistor?