Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Mitsubishi ute 1993/94 model. my problem is that it…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Mitsubishi...
Hi I have a Mitsubishi ute 1993/94 model. my problem is that it will not start in the mornings, a mechanic suggested the auto choke was not functioning properly,however he and I have adjusted it many times, it is an astron 2.6 litre. when the day warms up it will then start, trying to start in the morning results in flooding, this started suddenly and is not improving, the vehicle has done about 225000 Ks, should the carburator be replaced ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/28/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi Bruce,

I would suggest a major tune, (inspect and replace as necessary ignition components, spark plugs etc) and a carburettor overhaul.

I have rescued hundreds of carburettors in my working life, all are rebuildable.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hi Bruce,

I hope my suggestions have been of some assistance to you.

Regards

Gary