Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Got a 2003 lancer oz. After I got emissions tested the

Customer Question

Got a 2003 lancer oz. After I got emissions tested the headlights would not automatically turn off when I opened my door (after turning the car off). I have to manually turn them off. The next day the car was dead. I assumed bad battery. I changed it and the next day battery is dead(headlight issue stayed the same). Is there something emissions test or something with my year that might explain change in the headlights and the drain on the battery?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

The ETACS looks for a door signal to tell it to cancel the lights, so the problem should be isolated to that area. There is zero connection however between any portion of that system and the emission testing on this model; it is a completely isolated system.

If you put your key in the ignition but do not turn it on, then open the door, do you hear a key reminder chime?

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

It looks like we missed each other.
I will be leaving in just a little bit but we can catch up tomorrow if necessary.
In the mean time, please double check your fuses, specifically the two in the under hood fuse box that are held in the yellow plastic fuse holder. If they are intact, double check the door switch operation in the drivers door jam.