Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Could you please help with my 03 mitsubishi montero sport…

Customer Question
Hi Doug, Could you please help...
Hi Doug,
Could you please help with my 03 mitsubishi montero sport immobilizer override code.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/25/2016
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

I can help you with this.
Can you check the drivers door jam (around shoulder height) for an immobilizer serial number sticker? It is roughly 1"x2".

It's A2615165My current problem is that my car dies 3 seconds after starting engine.
This was after an engine job to replace gasket.
Also the batter was removed for charging.My Car mechanic is going out of options to try fic it.

Thanks. I'm checking your serial number right now.

For that serial number the over ride code will be 7657
Are you familiar with how to input the code?

I have the instructions with me.
Is a chipless key a compulsory?
I have two programmed keys with me.

Yes and no... if a chip key is being used, the over ride will not work; if a signal is read it will ignore the over ride input.
However you can wrap the head of the key with a few wraps of aluminum foil and that is sufficient to shield the signal and allow the over ride to work.

I do not see any security light. Is there any alternate to find it? Like sound/beep?

No, only the green light on the instrument cluster. Do you see a green light when you first turn the key on?

Yeah thats not it, it would be in the lower right box in the photo for an 03 I believe.

If you scan the engine codes do you have a P1610 or P05xx or anything like that, possibly with no description?

I don't have the engine scan code at this moment. There is a Mitsubishi person coming in to take a look at the car tomorrow. I will reach out to you for any further assistance. Please keep this thread open until then.

No problem at all; I will be here tomorrow if you need any help with your findings, we will leave this open until then.